Sunday 16 August 2015

When life gives you lemons

I've really been getting my craft on over the weekend.  I've had the chance to make another card, combining two challenges.  I was inspired to do something completely different with this card.  Firstly, I wanted to use a clear stamp set from Kaisercraft called Nan's Favourites that I have never ever used before, despite it being one of the first stamp sets I ever purchased.  I also have seen some examples of eye-catching cards showing  no-lines colouring, and I wanted to give that a try too.  So I put them together and here's what I got...!

I started off by repeat stamping three rows of the leaf border image from Lawn Fawn And a Partridge in Versacolor Atlantic pigment ink on Neenah Solar White.  I added the sentiment from Technique Tuesday Tree-mendous in Versafine black and set aside to dry completely.  No smudges for me please!!

For the lemons, I inked up my stamp with Distress ink Squeezed Lemon and then stamped on a piece of masking paper and stamped again on a small piece of cardstock for a lighter image.  I cut out the mask that I already stamped and placed it over the lemon on cardstock.  I used a leaf image from Paper Smooches Reflections clear stamps, which I inked with Hero Arts Green Hills shadow ink and again, stamped off to the side and used the second generation stamp for my outline.  I then coloured with Copic markers, fussy cut around the image and adhered to the card base using foam dots.

For my first attempt at no lines colouring, I kept it small and simple, but I was pretty happy with the result.  It is a technique that I think looks really effective, and I will definitely try it again.

I would like to submit this card for two challenges; CAS(E) this Sketch! and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, where the theme is Homegrown Summer.


http://casethissketch.blogspot.co.nz/2015/08/case-this-sketch-136.html


That's all for now, but no doubt I won't be able to stay away for long.
Thanks for checking out my creation.

6 comments:

  1. Love the stripe from the repeating stamp! Lovely CAS design an the pop of yellow with the lemons is refreshing! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So refreshing! Love your card Anna!
    Thanks for joining Case this sketch

    ReplyDelete