Saturday 15 August 2015

Cupcakes... yum

I received a shipment of goodies earlier this week including the Avery Elle Cupcakes clear stamp set and coordinating dies.  I have been dying to create with this set, so I thought I would use them for the AEIHeartU Challenge.  Although I must say, I really feel the need to bake some actual cupcakes now!

AEIHeartU Challenge

Here is my yummy card...

 
I used a background technique that I picked up from the recent OCC Background Check series.  I dry embossed a piece of Tim Holtz watercolour card using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder with a homemade embossing diffuser to leave a circle space in the centre with no imprint.  I watercoloured the circle with Distress ink Picked Raspberry.
On another piece of card I stamped the cupcake case with Versamark and applied light blue embossing powder. I stamped and heat embossed the candle in white and then masked off the candle and the top of the cupcake case with masking paper.  I stamped in the middle part of the cupcake and heat embossed in white also.
I watercoloured the icing with Distress ink Squeezed Lemon and brushed over with Wink of Stella once dry.  The candle was carefully coloured with Copics and given a coat of Glossy Accents.  I fussy cut the finished cupcake and adhered with foam dots to the background.
I cut the Simon Says Stamp folded banner from Bazzill vellum and heat embossed the sentiment from the Avery Elle Storybook stamp set with silver embossing powder to compliment the charcoal notecard.  I attached the banner with glue dots and added Doodlebug Cupcake Glitter Sprinkles embellishments to hide the glue dots.

I am planning to give this card to a friend who has her birthday in a couple of months.  She loves to bake, so this card will be right up her alley.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - this is ADORABLE!! The beautiful texture created with the embossing folder adds such a lovely finish!! Thanks so much for playing with the AEI♥U Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karolyn. I am definitely going to join this challenge again when I get the chance!

      Delete