Monday 31 August 2015

All aboard

The theme for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is Ticket Please!  And I feel as though I am rushing to get on board on time, getting my entry linked up with literally only a few minutes to spare!  It reminds me of the time we missed our bus while travelling in Chile, but this theme brought back some great memories of those times.  So that's what inspired me for my entry.

Here's my card...

I cut and scored Neenah Desert Storm for my notecard.  For the background layer I used 6x6 patterned paper from My Mind's Eye: Follow your Heart - Be Amazing.  I stamped the Vintage Passport from Unity Stamps in Hero Arts Soft Granite and then added the steam train and the small sentiment in black Versamark.
I die cut and stamped with Antique Linen Distress Ink the Memory Box Distressed tag, which I believe is discontinued, but I love because it is a larger size than my other tags.  I ink blended a bit more Antique Linen over the tag and around the edges.  For the main sentiment I used a combination of words from two Heidi Swapp, Hello Today Collection clear stamp sets (Journey and Together), heat embossed in Zing metallic red embossing powder.
Some black hemp twine, a large paperclip, a spritz of Hero Arts Unicorn white ink spray and a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh Sunny Days mix to finish off the tag and I adhered it to the card base loosely with a few glue dots in the corners.

I really enjoyed getting in to the vintage swing of things with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, and creating this card reminded me of the adventures I had on the other side of the world many years ago.  Maybe one day I'll be able to do it all again.

Thanks for checking out my card!

No comments:

Post a Comment