Tuesday 25 August 2015

Jars of colour

I just managed to complete a card for another challenge I had been thinking about.  This time I created a card for the Sparkle & Shine Challenge, which is perfect for me because I'm a total magpie, I love all things shiny and sparkly!!  The challenge inspiration photo is shown below.  I loved the mason jars and the colour scheme, and the chalk caught my eye too.
http://sparkleandshinechallenge.blogspot.co.nz/

http://sparkleandshinechallenge.blogspot.co.nz/

I had a few ideas floating around in my head for this one, but not all of them worked out as well as I had hoped.  I tried real chalk for the sentiment, using the technique shared by Tim Holtz for Online Card Classes Creative Chemistry 2, but it was such a craft fail, I decided to stick with the white embossing powder instead!  It ended up being a fairly simple card, which is awesome because sometimes these things just take on a life of their own and become very complex, when they don't need to be.

Here is my finished card...

I stamped the front of a white notecard with Hero Arts Studio Calico Chevron cling stamp (which I seem to be using a lot at the moment, btw) with Hero Arts Charcoal Shadow Ink.
I cut a second slightly smaller layer from black cardstock and die cut my mason jar from Paper Smooches Crystal Clear.  I stamped my sentiment from Paper Smooches Sending Sunshine, in Versamark and heat embossed in white.  I adhered the layer to my notecard and stamped the mason jar outline in the negative space.
Then I added my sparkle.  I used Lemondrop and Aquamarine sequins from Pretty Pink Posh, then I realised I was out of Watermelon, so I had to cheat a little and colour some Marshmallow ones with a pink Copic marker.  Oops, better get shopping!

I love the white sentiment on black cardstock, just like the old fashioned blackboards.  I guess they're a thing of the past at schools now though.  I can't even imagine what they'll be using when my daughter starts school!

Thanks for checking out my card and have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the chevron on the mason jar! Thanks for joining us at Sparkle & Shine!

    ReplyDelete