Friday 21 August 2015

Dino thanks

So I've been struggling this week to get back to my cards.  I haven't had a lot of free time, but I've got around to finishing one card so far.
I have had this cute little Paper Smooches triceratops dude coloured and cut out for a while and I really wanted to give him a home, so I thought he could enter in this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge.
The theme is Anything Goes... the perfect place for a dino!

http://www.papersmoochesstamps.comhttp://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.co.nz/

Here is my finished card...

I die cut and stamped the dino from the Paper Smooches Cuteasaurus stamp set and coordinating dies.  I coloured him with Copics, added lime green Stickles to his horns and stuck on a googly eye for fun.
For the background I used Tim Holtz Chevron layering stencil, with some Deco Foil transfer adhesive squeezed on to an ink blending tool.  I pounced it over the stencil to give a light spongy effect.  Once dry, I used some Heidi Swapp Minc gold foil to rub over loosely. Using my tan embossing mat, I ran the cardstock and stencil through my Cuttlebug to give some more texture to the background.
I cut the Paper Smooches Thanks word die from black card and inlaid it in the background panel.  I tucked the vellum banner in behind the dino, with the "you are awesome" sentiment from the same Cutesaurus set stamped in Staz On.  I adhered the background panel to some Neenah Desert Storm and added some black strips to top and bottom of the panel.  Lastly, I hit all the black cardstock with Wink of Stella!


I had loads of fun with this lil guy and I plan to repeat this card design with some different colour foils and other character die cuts.

Thanks so much for checking him out, and please feel free to leave a comment!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a SWEET Card!! I LOVE the Design and how you created the Background for your Card!! AWESOME Coloring too!! THANKS for sharing and for Joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog!! I hope you'll play along again this Week!!?? Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Larissa. I just love the Dinos, they make any card cute!

      Delete
  2. That's a cute card Anna! I love Dinos (and critters) with googly eyes :-)
    I was surprised about how you made the background (my first thoughts about it were totally different... Many roads lead to Rome.).
    Greetings from Wiebke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your kind comment Wiebke. I would be interested to hear how you thought I created the background :) I love to explore new techniques!

      Delete
  3. I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page as one of our "FB Featured Players" from the August Anything Goes (wk3) challenge--- congrats! 

    I absolutely love those glittered horns! What a fun card:)

    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Savannah! It was very cool to see my card on the Facebook page :)

      Delete