Friday 7 August 2015

Final Background Check

Online Card Classes Background Check is almost finished, just waiting for wrap up day now.  Thankfully I was able to catch up and make some great cards to showcase for Day 6.
At some stage I will go back and review all my past classes too, just to refresh my memory.
Also, Online Card Classes is having a Flash Sale this weekend, so I have enrolled in a few of the older classes to complete independently when I have some free time. 

A negative side effect of all this frantic card making and photographing is the enormous pile of clean laundry to be folded and put away.  But I will have to catch up on all the chores after the weekend!
Tomorrow I am heading off to a fermentation workshop, learning how to make real sauerkraut, fermented pickles and kombucha.  I am excited to get a brew going soon.

Here are a couple more cards that were inspired by Background Check...

This card was taken from Kristina Werner's Day 4 card design.  I created the background by repeatedly die cutting the Simon Says Stamp Pointed Feathers die.  I then placed a panel behind which was watercoloured using Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers.  I added a strip of kraft card and the Hugs die cut sentiment from Lawn Fawn.  Finally I added the stitching with white gel pen.


This card was inspired by Shari Carroll's Faux Letterpress technique.  The background was embossed using Simon Says Stamp Full Card Triangles die.  I used Copic markers to colour the balloon and cloud images from Lawn Fawn's Blue Skies and white heat embossed the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Furry Cat and Box clear stamp set.
This card I will be entering in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  This week's theme is Tie it Up.

Next week perhaps I should work on my photography!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Fabulous cards!! Such lovely designs!! Very pretty!

    So glad you joined the bloggin' world!! :)

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete