Monday 24 August 2015

Oranges and lemons...and limes

The weekend has come and gone and it's Monday again.  I still have a lot of half finished cards to complete, that are either drying, or being flattened in a book or waiting for some embellishment or other!

Anyway, in the nick of time I have finished my card for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  I loved playing with this colour combination for the Citrus with a Twist theme.

Here is my card...

For the background I used Hero Arts Studio Calico Chevron cling stamp, inked up with Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade and Twisted Citron.  I spritzed with a mini mister before stamping, to get a slight bleed with the colours.
I masked off the flower on the Inkadinkado Vintage Bottle Flower stamp and just stamped the bottle part of the image in Distress Mermaid Lagoon.  I used a water brush to pull in some of the colour over the bottle.  I cut it out and covered with a layer of Distress Clear Rock Candy Crackle paint and left to... crackle.  I stamped one of the flowers from Simon Says Stamp Summer Garden clear stamp set, coloured with Copics and fussy cut out.  I adhered these elements to the background, popping up the flower with foam dots, and I drew in the flower stem with a Copic marker. I stamped the sentiment from the Paper Smooches Spreading Sunshine set, which I got free with my last order over $60!!  I adhered the background panel to my notecard made from the darkest colour card from the Hero Arts Sunshine mix layering paper.
Final touch was to add some Wink of Stella to the centre of the flower and a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh around the sentiment.

Time to go and work on finishing a few more cards.  I am so glad I have started taking part in the challenges, because it really inspires me to create something different.  And I am building up a good collection of cards, ready for any occasion.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my card!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! The chevron background is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, I loved the challenge theme!

      Delete