Wednesday 12 August 2015

Picture Perfect Challenge

Another weekend flashed by us and we're almost half way through August already!  I've had a slightly ill little girl for the last few days, so we have been relaxing at home, keeping warm and dry, which has given me a bit of a chance to do a bit more card making.

I decided to enter the Paper Smooches Stamps SPARKS Challenge this week, which was a picture perfect challenge.  I love the Paper Smooches cute designs and so I really enjoyed participating in this challenge.

         


This is the inspiration photo...


Here is the card I created...

I stamped and cut a selection of flowers and leaves from the Paper Smooches Reflections stamp set and coordinating dies.  I also used the pocket shape from the Paper Smooches Pocket Dies set and cut it from Ranger Sticky Back Canvas.  Using washi tape for masking, I ink blended random stripes on the canvas and frayed the edges out a little.  I then adhered the canvas and all the die cuts to some kraft cardstock using different thicknesses of glue dots and foam dots on the flowers to get a layered look.  I added the Paper Smooches Thanks word die cut from black cardstock, adhering with some Multi Medium Matte.  I stamped "a bunch" in Versafine black and finished off the edges by drawing the stitching with a white gel pen.

Well, that's all for now.  Time to go and clean up my craft desk!


3 comments:

  1. Fun and cheery design! Love the mix of colors in the pocketful of flowers and your white faux stitching around the card's edges. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG!! SQUEAL!! This is just SO SWEET!! I LOVE the FUN Design and the Colors that you used!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you Play along again this Week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete