Friday 7 August 2015

Background Check

I am loving participating in Background Check from Online Card Classes.  So many techniques to try out that I had never even thought of.  I have made several backgrounds and a few cards but I am pushing to catch up on everything as I started a few days late.

It sure is hard to find time for crafting with an 18 month old, who always wants to be the focus of your attention.  So the cards get done mostly at night time, however the light is pretty terrible, so it can be difficult.  I definitely have to do the photos during the daytime though.

Anyway, I will do as much as I can before class wraps up and I am sure I will use the techniques again in the future.  And I will have made a stash of beautiful cards in the process.

Here are my cards from Day 3 and I will post my cards from Day 6 when I finish them.

This card was created using ink blending from the centre of the background.  I found this tricky to begin with, but I wasted several practise sheets of card and finally got there.  I used Distess inks in Squeezed Lemon, Dried Marigold and Worn Lipstick for the background.  The images from Avery Elle Storybook were stamped and coloured with Copics and adhered with foam dots.  The sentiment was from the same Avery Elle set.  I fussy cut the images and tied some hemp twine to the balloon, which I inserted under the rabbit's paw by making a small cut with my craft knife.


This background was created using Distress ink pads in Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord and Peacock Feathers pressed on my craft sheet and spritzed with water.  I placed the watercolour card directly to the ink on the craft sheet and "smooshed" it several times, heat setting in between until I got the look I liked.  I added the vellum die cut heart and white heat embossed the Damask stamp from Impression Obsession.  The Thanks die cut sentiment was from Paper Smooches.


My final card used an ombre resist technique shown by Jennifer McGuire.  I used Hero Arts Tweed Design block stamped with Versamark and heat embossed in white for the background.  I used an ink blending tool to create an ombre effect with Distess Inks in Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire.  I die cut a circle from both the panel and the card base and inserted an acetate window sandwiched between.  I die cut the Simon Says Stamp Happy craft die and coloured lightly with Stormy Sky.

I am looking forward to watching the rest of the videos and putting my new skills to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment