Sunday 13 September 2015

Watercolour inspiration

It's been a rather busy few days around here, so not much time for making cards.  But I did manage to get a couple finished that I had been pondering over this week.  In anticipation for the new Watercolor for Card makers class staring soon at Online Card Classes, I have been playing around with my watercolour media and getting back in to the groove.  I even ordered some Zig Clean Color brush pens!!  I can't wait for class to start.  Anyway, I played around with a few colours and created a couple of cards.  The first one I used more of my new supplies from my Paper Smooches stash and I would like to submit it for the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.

http://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.co.nz/2015/09/september-6-12-anything-goes-wk1.htmlhttp://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.co.nz/


I started with a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolour card.  I pressed my Distress inks in Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon on to an acrylic block and spritzed with a mini mister.  I picked up the colour with a wide brush and just played around with it until I was happy with the intensity of colour, and then left it to dry.
Once fully dry, I die cut the Paper Smooches Tag Scallop Die from the centre of my watercolour piece.
On my Neenah Solar white 110lb notecard I lined up where the die cut negative space would appear and stamped my sentiments from Paper Smooches Group Hugs, which I had previously arranged together on an acrylic block.  I used Versamark and Ranger Gold Super Fine Detail embossing powder and heat set.
Unfortunately this card was inspired by some sad news I received last week, which really reminded me just how fortunate I am.  I love that the soft watercolour is really the feature of the card but the Paper Smooches sentiments are so simple and beautiful.

Here's my second card in my watercolour theme...

I embossed the front of the notecard directly using the Carta Bella Ogee embossing folder and my Cuttlebug.
From one of my watercolour backgrounds (same Distress ink colours as above) I cut the sentiment using the Mama Elephant Happy and Birthday Script dies and adhered using my Xyron.  I added a few clear sparkling sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and it's done!  So simple and so pretty.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my cards.  Please feel free to leave a comment!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, I love those greens and blues...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabriela. I also love these brighter Distress colours.

      Delete
  2. Such simple and bright colors. These cards are fabulous! Can't wait to see what you create for the class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two absolutely beautiful cards. Especially love the colors on the birhday card. Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page [https://www.facebook.com/PaperSmooches] as one of our "FB Featured Players" from the September Anything Goes (wk1) challenge--- congrats! 

    LOOOOOOOOOVE your tag design in the center--- love the watercolors--- LOVE LOVE LOVE it all <3

    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav 

    ReplyDelete