Saturday 5 September 2015

Neutral Feather

Another card I have been working on recently is this neutral birthday card as an entry to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  The theme is Trio of Colours, and the colours I chose to work with were Distress ink pads in Peacock Feathers, Moved Lawn and Pumice Stone, teamed up with neutral kraft and off-white cardstock.

Here is my card...

I started with a notecard base cut from Hero Arts watercolour paper.  It has a nice cream colour and a really textured surface.  I cut a dark kraft panel from a Martha Stewart 6x6 paper pad, which I heat embossed with the Hero Arts Woodgrain design block and clear embossing powder.  I die cut a Memory Box tag from vellum and white heat embossed the Hero Arts Dictionary Greeting Happy Birthday stamp on it.
For my feather I inked up one of the Hero Arts Feathers with my Distress ink pads.  I stamped the pads in various places around the stamp to get varying colours.  I spritzed the inked stamp a little with a Mini Mister to blend the colours before stamping.  I fussy cut the feather and attached to the card with some foam dots, overlapping the vellum tag which I lightly adhered with Glossy Accents.
I added a couple of coordinating enamel dots and some natural paper twine to finish off the design, and adhered the kraft panel to the card base.

I really liked the colour combination, with the Distress inks blending into each other and creating slightly different shades.  It is a fairly simple design, but has a lot of texture and detail within the elements.
I also picked up some great inspiration for colour combinations from the Simon Monday Challenge Design Team.  I love trying out different colour schemes, but sometimes find it hard to get it right!

Thanks for taking a look at my card and please feel free to comment!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful. Love the gorgeous feather. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meihsia! Such a fun challenge theme.

      Delete