Tuesday 15 September 2015

Feathers and bows

I'm back with another card already!  I couldn't wait to get started on the new Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge when I saw the inspiration photo.  I wanted to do a bit more watercolouring, so I decided to pull out my Sakura Koi Sketch Box swatches and roughly match up the paints with the colours in the photo.  The other element that caught my eye was the twine bows, and I knew I could team them up with my Paper Smooches Feathers Dies for something a bit different.

http://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.co.nz/2015/09/september-13-19-picture-perfect.htmlhttp://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.co.nz/
http://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.co.nz/2015/09/september-13-19-picture-perfect.html


Here is my finished card...

I started with a notecard cut from Neenah Desert Storm, and an extra panel cut to A2 size.
I did a wash of watercolour on Tim Holtz Watercolour card for each of the featured colours and then cut out Paper Smooches Feathers Dies from each colour once dried.  I tied some twine around each feather die cut and tied a small bow.
I stamped and white heat embossed my sentiment from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler on the front panel.  Using foam dots I adhered the feathers to the panel and then folded the excess twine over the top and securing with glue dots.  Finally, I adhered the panel to the front of the notecard, sandwiching the ends of the twine in between.

I thought this would be a fun fairly neutral his or hers card, but you could also change up the colours to make it a little more masculine or more feminine too.
Thanks for checking out my card!

3 comments:

  1. This card caught my eye. I like that you took inspiration from the twine. Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page [https://www.facebook.com/PaperSmooches] as one of our "FB Featured Players" from the September Picture Perfect challenge--- congrats! 

    What a beautiful design and set of colors for those feathers! LOVE <3

    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav 

    ReplyDelete